There are a number of stories, clichés, and unpopular opinions in this episode. I hope they help the profession of pharmacy and you as an individual pharmacist.
Thank you for listening to episode 130 of The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast! ✌🏻
Mentioned in this episode
The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast Episode 4: Mistakes I have made (Includes a story about my exit from community practice)
Bled Tanoe, PharmD LinkedIn Profile (#pizzaisnotworking Founder)
Ohio Pharmacists Association (OPA)
American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
The Serpent’s Shadow (Kane Chronicles Series Book 3) by Rick Riordan
Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
- The story of 1+1=4.
- A story about nail holes in a fence.
- I compare the pharmacy profession to Camelot. Sir Galahad might end up saving the pharmacy profession (not someone practicing now).
- “Knowledge of any value can’t be given. It must be sought and earned.” – Rick Riordan, The Serpent’s Shadow (Kane Chronicles Series Book 3)
- I compare Amazon Pharmacy to a natural disaster (like a tornado) and everyone else in the pharmacy profession to survivors who band together to survive and thrive.
- Pharmacists sometimes act like someone has the answer and they’re withholding it.
- Advice: get it right. Don’t try to be right.
- You don’t have a right to the cards you believe you should have been dealt. You have an obligation to play the heck out of the ones you’re holding!
- Nobody is coming to save you. Get up. Be your own hero, and be your patient’s guide.
- Find people you trust, and listen to them. 1 + 1 = 4 when you work together. I internalized this equation as a parent of a child with autism even though I heard the story when I was I kid.
Subscribe to or Follow The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast!
🖥Check out Kim’s websites, and connect with her on social media!
🌟Learn how to start a podcast from my podcasting coach, Dave Jackson! (School of Podcasting Affiliate Link)
✅Business website https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com
✅The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast
✅Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅ACX (Audiobook Narrator Profile) https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A10FSORRTANJ4Z