Beju Shah, PharmD co-founded the Pharmacy Informatics Academy along with Tony Dao, PharmD, Brian Fung, PharmD, and David Vu, PharmD. During our interview, Beju talked about his background, how Informatics Pharmacists are problem-solvers, the 2 courses offered by the Pharmacy Informatics Academy, and more.
My Back-to-School Series features interviews with 9 pharmacists who teach online courses. (Since it’s back-to-school time, I created a Back-to-School series on my podcast!). Check out the series, and get inspired to either learn or create!
Thank you for listening to episode 166 of The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast!
Links and highlights from our conversation
Pharmacy Informatics Academy Courses can be used by pharmacists, pharmacy students on rotations, Colleges of Pharmacy, and more. They’re great for individuals, but the content can also be used for discussion points in groups of 2 or more as well.
Pharmacy Informatics Academy website: https://pharmacyinformaticsacademy.com
- Introduction to Pharmacy Informatics Course
- Practical Guide to Pharmacy Informatics Course
Pharmacy Informatics Academy Co-founders
- Beju Shah, PharmD LinkedIn Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/medicationsafety/
- Brian Fung, PharmD LinkedIn Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/bkfung/
- David Vu, PharmD LinkedIn Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/vcudavidvu//
- Tony Dao, PharmD LinkedIn Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/tonydaopharmd/
Professional Organizations for Pharmacy Informatics mentioned
- HIMSS Health Information and Management Systems Society https://www.himss.org
- AMIA American Medical Informatics Association https://amia.org
- ASHP American Society of Health System Pharmacists https://www.ashp.org
Books mentioned in this episode
- The Lean Start-Up by Eric Ries
- Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller
List of pharmacists and courses in the Back-to-School Series on The Pharmacist’s Voice ®Podcast
- Dr. Beju Shah, Pharmacy Informatics Academy
- Dr. Blair Thielemier, Pharmapreneur Academy
- Dr. Jimmy Pruitt, Pharmacy and Acute Care University
- Dr. Asha Bohannon, Impact Pharmacist Online Program & PGX Ally Program
- Dr. Adam Martin, Script Your Brand Online Course
- Dr. Kelley Carlstrom, PharmD, Enjoy Learning Oncology Courses (ELO) (Note: there are three tiers of this course)
- Dr. Stu Beatty, The Pharmacist Provider (New online course coming out around Sept 2022)
- Dr. Ashley Walker, Speed Signing with Dr. Ashley R. Walker. She teaches American Sign Language
- Kim Newlove, RPh. A Behind-the-Scenes Look at The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast
- https://www.kimnewlove.com *Course not available until at least 8-31-22. Check back soon!
🖥Check out Kim’s websites, and connect with her on social media!
✅Business website https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com
✅The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast
✅Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅ACX (Audiobook Narrator Profile) https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A10FSORRTANJ4Z
✅Start a podcast with the same coach who helped me get started (Dave Jackson from The School of Podcasting)! **Affiliate Link**
Thank you for listening to The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast Episode 166!