Mentioned in this episode
School of Podcasting Monthly Membership Link **This is my Affiliate Link**
Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro online course
Libsyn is a wonderful podcast host! Highly recommend!
Today, I made it to the finish line of a 30-day podcasting challenge called NaPodPoMo. It stands for National Podcast Post Month. November is National Podcast Post Month, and the goal of the challenge is 30 podcast episodes in 30 days. I did it!
Thank you Jennifer Navarette, founder of NaPodPoMo for including me in the challenge and for creating a supportive Facebook Community for participants to network and encourage one another. Congratulations to my fellow challenge participants! I also want to thank Dave Jackson from the School of Podcasting for making me aware of NaPodPoMo. I heard about it on one of his podcast episodes.
What did I learn from NaPodPoMo?
- It’s ok to try new things. I changed the format on many of the extra episodes this month and talked about things other than my journey from pharmacist to voice actor.
- I created episode artwork that was different from my usual episode artwork.
- I learned that coming up with something to talk about every day and finding time to talk about it is a challenge for me personally.
- I got more comfortable with shorter podcast show notes.
- NaPodPoMo was a significant time commitment for me because I already have a lot of other commitments. Was it worth it? Yes. I’m glad I did it? Of course! Am I glad it’s done? Definitely! Is my family glad the challenge is over? Yes!
- I missed out on NaPodPoMo in 2019, because I did not launch my podcast until December 4, 2019. I’m glad I tried NaPodPoMo in 2020. I had the experience I needed this year to make me feel comfortable with daily podcasting.
- I learned quickly that creating bite-sized podcast episodes (5 minutes or less) were my comfort zone for NaPodPoMo. I have a lot of responsibilities right now and not much time.
I’m looking forward to returning to my regular schedule this Friday, December 4. It’s an interview with Dr. Lauren Castle, a Functional Medicine Pharmacist.