Dr. Asha Pai Bohannon returns to the podcast! She talks about her two online courses: Impact Pharmacist and PGxAlly. If you’re interested in planning and launching a wellness practice, you need to listen to this episode!
My Back-to-School Series features interviews with 9 pharmacists who teach online courses. Since it’s back-to-school time for my kids, I created a Back-to-School series for my podcast! Check out the series, and get inspired to either learn or create!
Dr. Asha Pai Bohannon is a pharmacist business coach, owner of a holistic wellness practice, entrepreneur, and mom to 2 amazing boys. With her IMPACT Pharmacist(TM) program, she helps other pharmacists blaze the trail by helping them create and start their own wellness practice, allowing them to lead the life and career of their dreams!
Years ago, she started her own holistic wellness practice, PAI Wellness Group, with an East-meets-West approach to diabetes management and personalized healthcare. As a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist and Certified Personal Trainer, her aim is to make an impact in her patient’s lives by walking alongside them in their health journey, through precision medicine, holistic means, and a continuity of care.
Recently, she has also partnered with Dr. Shawn Bjorndal and Dr. Kevin Walker in co-founding PGxAlly in order to bring Pharmacogenomics, comprehensive medication reviews, and entrepreneurship to a whole new level!
Links from this episode
Asha Bohannon, PharmD’s LinkedIn Profile
Shawn Bjorndal, PharmD’s LinkedIn Profile
Kevin Walker, PharmD’s LinkedIn Profile
Book written by Dr. Asha Pai Bohannon and Eric Bohannon – Impact Pharmacist: Start Your Own Wellness Practice, and Leave Your Retail Pharmacy Job Behind! Audiobook narrated by Kim Newlove.
The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast Episode 9 featuring Dr. Asha Bohannon (March 2020)
The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast Episode 77 featuring Dr. Asha Bohannon (January 2021)
Highlights from our conversation
Asha has a passion for making an impact within the profession of pharmacy. She helps other pharmacists find their passion and what fulfills them in their careers. Her clients focus on wellness and prevention rather than dispensing.
As a team, Asha and her husband Eric created the Impact Pharmacist online program. They teach from, “Point A to point Z” of launching a wellness-based business. Topics include mindset, business strategy, tools, and resources.
Mindset topics (not a complete list)
- Getting out of your own way
- Figuring out what it is that you want to do
- Identifying your strengths
- Why you’re doing what you’re doing
Business topics (not a complete list)
- Risk avoidance
- Target market
- Service offering(s) or programs for that target market
- Pricing services/programs
The Impact Pharmacist online course has six sections and is self-paced. Workbooks, templates, Excel spreadsheets, and other resources are included. Each section takes about two weeks to complete. At that rate, it takes around 12 weeks (3 months) to complete the program.
Beyond the Impact Pharmacist online course, Asha sells a package for one-on-one consulting. Many current students get the consulting package because it keeps them accountable. After each section of the self-paced online course, students do a one-on-one session, which reinforces key concepts and ensures students are ready to go to the next section. Each new section builds on the one previous to it.
Upon completion of the Impact Pharmacist online course, students can also work with Asha and Eric on branding, messaging, and marketing.
Dr. Asha Bohannon, Dr. Shawn Bjorndal, and Dr. Kevin Walker co-founded PGxAlly. Pharmacogenomics (PGx) is the future of pharmacy, and PGx businesses are wellness-based businesses. The PGxAlly online course teaches how to incorporate PGx into a wellness practice as well as in sales.
A Pearl from Asha: “I don’t call myself a, ‘Salesperson.’ I call myself a, ‘Share person.’ I share what I have to offer. I share what our profession has to offer.”
Included in the PGxAlly Biz-in-a-Box Package (not a complete list – see website for details)
- Mindset, business, marketing, strategy, and knowledge needed to start a consulting practice
- PGx software
- Business templates
- Branding/Marketing package
- Impact Pharmacist online program
- Note: PGxAlly does not teach the science of PGX. It teaches the business part of owning a wellness practice and incorporating PGx into a wellness practice.
Asha offers a free, 60-minute Masterclass on her website. To learn more, visit https://www.paiwellnessgroup.com/masterclass-what-it-takes-to-get-out-of-retail-pharmacy/. It goes through the basics of the Impact Pharmacist online program and the printed book.
- The Impact Pharmacist online program is $1,000.
- The consulting package is five hours of time for $650.
- The whole package (online program + consulting) is $1,650.
- PGxAlly Biz-in-a Box is $5,000.
Compare the cost of tuition for an MBA program to Asha’s two online courses. Targeted programs can save pharmacists time and money. Find the right fit for your needs.
We discussed the biggest misconception pharmacists make about starting a new business. Tune in to hear what it is!
In her parting comments, Asha said, “This is your time to reinvent who you want to be because nobody has seen what pharmacists are capable of. And now is our time! So let’s go out there and do it! We are all in this to raise the profession together.”
Connect with Dr. Asha Bohannon on LinkedIn, and make your impact on the profession of pharmacy today!
Be inspired by Dr. Asha Bohannon to either learn or create!
Pharmacists and courses in the Back-to-School Series on The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast
- Dr. Beju Shah, Pharmacy Informatics Academy
- Dr. Blair Thielemier, Pharmapreneur Academy
- Dr. Jimmy Pruitt, Pharmacy and Acute Care University
- Dr. Asha Bohannon, Impact Pharmacist Online Program & PGX Ally Program
- Dr. Adam Martin, Script Your Brand Online Course
- Dr. Kelley Carlstrom, PharmD, Enjoy Learning Oncology Courses (ELO) (Note: there are three tiers of this course)
- Dr. Stu Beatty, The Pharmacist Provider (New online course coming out around Sept 2022)
- Dr. Ashley Walker, Speed Signing with Dr. Ashley R. Walker. She teaches American Sign Language
- Kim Newlove, RPh. A Behind-the-Scenes Look at The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast
- https://www.kimnewlove.com *Course not available until at least 8-31-22. Check back soon!
🖥Check out Kim’s websites, and connect with her on social media!
✅Business website https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com
✅The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast
✅Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅ACX (Audiobook Narrator Profile) https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A10FSORRTANJ4Z
✅Start a podcast with the same coach who helped me get started (Dave Jackson from The School of Podcasting)! **Affiliate Link**
Thank you for listening to episode 169 of The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast!