Welcome to my interview with Dr. Michele Mosier! Michele is a pharmacist, a patient advocate, and the founder of Hope Health Advocacy, LLC. If you’re curious about what a patient advocate is, the type of work they do, the services they offer, how they get paid, and more, you will enjoy this episode!
Dr. Michele Mosier is a patient advocate with over 20 years of pharmacy experience. She specializes in medication management, facilitating conversations, and optimizing health outcomes for her patients. Her website is https://www.hopehealthadvocacy.com.
Subscribe to or Follow The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast!
Highlights from our conversation
During our conversation, we talked about
- Dr. Michele Mosier’s path from Pharmacy School to founding Hope Health Advocacy, LLC
- Whether she’s “all in” as an entrepreneur or still works a “W2” job
- If it’s easier to advocate for patients/clients as an employee or as an entrepreneur
- Challenges Dr. Mosier faced when starting a business
- Resources she used to start her business
- Her ideal client
- Services she offers
- Dr. Mosier’s definition of a patient advocate
- A relevant statistic that demonstrates the need for patient advocates
- How she provides services
- How she monetizes Hope Health Advocacy, LLC (3 tiers as of Spring 2023)
- Whether her services are covered by insurance
- The difference between private advocates and advocates that work for a hospital, organization, etc.
- The client intake process at Hope Health Advocacy, LLC
- How Dr. Mosier learned business skills, even though they weren’t taught in pharmacy school.
- Geography question – Where do Dr. Mosier’s patients live?
- What it’s like to turn away a client who is not a good fit.
- Resources for pharmacists interested in becoming patient advocates too
Near the end of the interview, Dr. Mosier reminds the audience that the Oath of a Pharmacist says that we need to, “Embrace and advocate for changes that improve patient care.” She believes that being a patient advocate is a pathway to do just that.
At the very end of the interview, Dr. Mosier shared a quote by Harriet Beecher Stowe: “Never give up, for that is just the place in time that the tide will turn.” She encourages pharmacists to reach out to her and connect if they need help turning the tide on their entrepreneurial journey.
Links from this episode
Hope Health Advocacy, LLC website https://www.hopehealthadvocacy.com
Michele on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelemosier/
Business on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/hope-health-advocacy
Business on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/people/Hope-Health-Advocacy-LLC/100088171053589/
APHA = Alliance of Professional Health Advocates https://aphadvocates.org/
🖥Check out Kim’s websites, and connect with her on social media!
✅Business website https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com
✅The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast
✅Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅A Behind-the-scenes look at The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅ACX (Audiobook Narrator Profile) https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A10FSORRTANJ4Z
Thank you for listening to episode 216 of The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast!