Today’s episode is part 2 of a 3-part series about pharmacy podcasts. I talk about which pharmacy podcasts I listen to most (as of October 2021) and why I listen to pharmacy podcasts.
Mentioned in this episode
Full show notes are at https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast.
Subscribe to or Follow The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast!
🖥Check out Kim’s websites, and connect with her on social media:
✅Business website https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com
✅The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast
✅Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅ACX (Audiobook Narrator Profile) https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A10FSORRTANJ4Z
A pharmacy podcast, in my opinion, is a podcast produced by a pharmacist, pharmacy technician, pharmacy association or business, or the Pharmacy Podcast Network. By my count, there are over 100 pharmacy podcasts. Some are actively publishing new episodes. Some are not.
2 ways to find pharmacy podcasts:
- Look at Dr. Erin L. Albert’s “List of Podcasts in and Around Pharmacy.”
- Read the list of shows on the Pharmacy Podcast Network’s website.
The top 10 reasons that I listen to pharmacy podcasts:
- The #1 reason I listen to pharmacy podcasts is that I love to learn. Each time I listen to a pharmacy podcast, I learn something. I either learn something pharmacy-related, or I learn something that I can use to make my podcast better. Valuable content of any kind is what I’m after.
- I listen to potential guests for my podcast on other other pharmacy podcasts.
- I like to read the show notes from pharmacy podcasts. Why? Links to connect with guests. Links for products or services mentioned during the episode. Plus, I’m curious how other podcasters craft their show notes.
- I like to experience shows of different lengths.
- I like to see if the title of the episode fits the content.
- I like to hear how other pharmacists are using disclaimers or legal language in their podcasts.
- I like listening to the format used in pharmacy podcasts: intro length, advice show format, interview show format, panel discussions, etc. What works well to create a good listener experience?
- I like to look at podcast artwork and see how it’s being used.
- I like to look at the release schedule for other podcasts. I’m curious to know what others do. I’ve thought about switching my release schedule.
- I like to read the description of a pharmacy podcast in the my podcast player before I listen to it. There are so many pharmacy podcasts out there that, when I’m in the mood to try a new one, I want to see the description, the title of the episode, and/or the description of the guest or episode from the show notes.
The seven pharmacy podcasts I listen to most:
- The Edutainer with host Dr. Erin L. Albert.
- The Business of Pharmacy Podcast with host Mike Koelzer
- CPhT Connect Podcast with host Mike Johnston, CPhT
- The Fit Pharmacist Healthcare Podcast with host Dr. Adam Martin, “The Fit Pharmacist”
- The FDA Drug Safety Podcasts with various hosts
- Your Financial Pharmacist, with host Tim Ulbrich and others.
- Storrie Podcast with Host Dr. Christine Manukyan
Join me next Friday, October 29, 2021 for the third and final part of this series about pharmacy podcasts. Special guest and Pharmacy Podcast Network Founder Todd Eury will join me to discuss reasons that pharmacists should have a podcast. Plus, we’ll touch on “What’s in it for the pharmacist?” And, “What’s in it for the listener?” Listen next week to hear more!
Thank you for listening to The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast ® Episode 119!