Welcome to my Spring 2023 update. Happy Spring to you!
My seasonal updates give you an opportunity to get to know me better as a person as I update you on my family (husband, kids, etc), my podcast, my business, and what I’ve been listening to, reading, watching, and playing. (The last part is my favorite part!)
Subscribe to or Follow The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast!
If you’re new to the show, welcome! I’m a pharmacist, voice actor, and podcast host. Among other things, I…
- Narrate audiobooks
- Coach pharmacist authors who want to narrate their own book (publish an audiobook).
- Provide medical narration for pharma, biotech, CME companies, universities, and teaching hospitals
- Consult on podcasting projects. I help pharmacy professionals decide if they want to start a podcast or not by showing them behind the scenes of my podcast. kimnewlove.com
- Moderate CME sessions at conferences
- Narrate content for explainer videos and elearning projects
- Coach medical narrators on drug name pronunciations. kimnewlove.com
I’m married with two kids. My husband and I have been together 30 years (married for 22). We have two kids, ages 18 and 20. Here’s a little bit about each member of the family.
Derrick (18) is graduating from high school Sunday, May 21, 2023. This summer, he will umpire baseball games as a summer job. In August, he will attend the University of Cincinnati College of Engineering.
Kraig (20, has autism) will be stocking shelves at a local store for a couple of weeks this summer with support from a job coach. He will also attend summer school for 8 weeks. During his down time, he will hang out with me. We have plans to hike, bike, kayak, and more here in NW Ohio.
My husband Nathan changed jobs in February 2023. He was let go from his job at First Solar in 2020. 3 years later, he’s back!
The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast production schedule through the end of August 2023:
- May 26, is a solo episode about my mic check service.
- June 2 is the 17th episode in my drug name pronunciation series
- June 5 is the kick-off episode of my Pharmacist Authors Series.
- June 9, Interview with Pharmacist Author Salam Kabbani, PharmD about her book: COVID Long Hauler: My Life Since COVID
- June 12, Interview with audio engineer Julie Walthers from Whole Story Studio: https://www.wholestorystudio.com/
- June 16, Interview with Pharmacist Author Erin L. Albert, PharmD on her book The Life Science Lawyer
- June 19, Interview with Pharmacist Author Sue Ojageer, PharmD on her children’s book The Pharma Heroes: The Power of Precision Medicine
- June 23, Interview with Pharmacist Author Tony Guerra, PharmD about his Pharmacist Residency and Career Series
- June 26, Interview with Pharmacist Author Christina Fontana, PharmD about her book Moving Beyond the Counter: Elevating into Heart-Centered Health Care through Entrepreneurship
- June 30, Interview with Pharmacist Author Jade L. Ranger, PharmD, PharmD about her book Mustard Seed Mentality
- July 3, Pronunciation Series Episode 18
- July 7, Interview with Pharmacist Author RDML Pam Schweitzer, PharmD and her daughter Amy Graves about their children’s book Alice and Jack Hike the Grand Canyon
- July 10, Interview with Pharmacist Author Cory Jenks, PharmD about his book Permission to Care: Building a Healthcare Culture That Thrives in Chaos
- July 14, Interview with Pharmacist Author Donna Bartlett, PharmD about her book MedStrong: Shed Your Meds for a Better, Healthier You
- July 17, Interview with Pharmacist Author Frieda Wiley, PharmD about her book Telecommuting Psychosis: From Surviving to Thriving While Working in Your Pajama Pants. Plus, we touch on her 3 children’s books in development.
- July 21, Interview with Pharmacist Author Tim Ulbrich, PharmD about his book Seven Figure Pharmacist: How to Maximize Your Income, Eliminate Debt, and Create Wealth
- July 24, Interview with Pharmacist Author LaQuoia Johnson, PharmD – How Rxacism Manifests Inside the Small World of Pharmacy
- July 28, Pharmacist Authors Series wrap-up (solo show)
- August 4 Pronunciation Series Episode 19
- August 11, Interview with Ani Rostomyan, PharmD
- August 18, Summer 2023 Update
- August 25, Interview with Brigette Serfaty, PharmD
*Subscribe or follow The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast to get all these great episodes delivered to your favorite podcast app!*
Update on my business, The Pharmacist’s Voice®, LLC
- I’m limiting my new clients until August 2023.
- I launched my online course about podcasting in April 2023.
- I consulted with a pharmacist author in May 2023.
- NPR (not pharmacy-related): I became an Independent Provider for the Ohio Dept of Developmental Disabilities (DODD) in April 2023. It was an 11-month-long process.
What am I listening to reading, watching, and playing?
- The NIV Bible, 30 hours done, 45 to go (75 hours total)! I just started the Book of Nehemiah in the Old Testament.
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- Everything I Wish I’d Known About Japan Before I Moved There by Steve Edwards. Steve is a friend who taught English as a second language to children in Japan for 20 years. He just moved back to the States, and it’s interesting to hear his stories.
- School of Podcasting with host Dave Jackson
- Wealthy White Coat Podcast with host Jamie Wilkey, PharmD
Chris Cornell from SoundGarden and AudioSlave. He’s one of my favorite vocalists of all time. Listen to Chris Cornell’s Nothing Compares to You video on YouTube. I love ABtheKreator’s reaction to Chris at 1 min, 17 sec.
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton – Reading this with my son Kraig.
- Until Tuesday by Luis Carlos Montalván. It’s a book about a therapy dog named “Tuesday” who helped a wounded warrior named Luis.
- On-demand CE from the OPA Annual Conference. I’m watching CE videos, answering questions, and earning credit. I love it!
- Survivor, season 44. I watch this with my family. We love Survivor!
- On YouTube, I still love @MamaDoctorJones (women’s health topics), but I have also discovered @Chubbyemu (medical stories). Check out this Chubbyemu video about a man who swallowed a wireless earbud.
- Streaming: Tetris (the movie) and Scrubs (TV Series).
I hope you have enjoyed hearing an update on my family, my podcast, my business, and what I’ve been listening to, reading, watching, and playing. Thank you for listening to episode 217 of The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast!
Links are also included throughout the show notes today.
✅Business website https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com
✅The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast
✅Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅ACX (Audiobook Narrator Profile) https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A10FSORRTANJ4Z
✅Start a podcast with the same coach who helped me get started (Dave Jackson from The School of Podcasting)! **Affiliate Link – NEW 8-21-22**