Welcome to episode 6 of 15 in my Pharmacist Authors Series! My guest is Tony Guerra, PharmD. Join us as we discuss his Pharmacist Residency and Career Series (8 books). Stay tuned until the VERY end of the episode to hear Tony narrate a sample from Book 1 in the series.
Subscribe to or follow The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast to get each episode delivered to your podcast player and YouTube each time a new one comes out.
Tony Guerra, PharmD, originally from the Baltimore-Washington corridor, has combined creative writing work with his experience to author over 30 books. He’s either written and/or produced books in four major categories, pharmacology, pharmacotherapy, career/residency, and professional school admissions and interviews.
He has taught college pharmacology and chemistry for over a decade and a half and lives in Ankeny, Iowa, with his wife Mindy and triplet daughters Brielle, Rianne, and Teagan.
Highlights from our interview
Tony is an English major. His expertise is in writing and helping people tell their story. He’s more of a writing expert than than a residency expert. Tony helps pharmacy students one-on-one write a Letter of Intent. The goal is to find a pharmacist residency that’s a good fit. According to Tony, it’s very hard for pharmacists to talk about themselves and to do a “humble brag.”
The audience for this 8-part books series is pharmacy students, namely P2’s for 3-year programs and P3’s for 4-year programs. Students, read these books as you start those years of school!
Tony loves audiobooks, and he understands the need for them for his readers. However, depending on the length of the book, Tony sometimes hires narrators instead of narrating the books himself. Tune in to hear his advice for pharmacist authors who want to narrate their own audiobooks.
- The Strong Residency Letter of Intent: Writing to Be Interviewed with a Cover Letter that Earns the Invite (Pharmacist Residency and Career Series Book 1) by Tony Guerra
- Residency Interview Help: In Case of Interview Invitation, Break Glass (Pharmacist Residency and Career Series Book 2) by Tony Guerra https://bit.ly/44876qx
- 100 Strong Residency Interview Questions, Answers, and Rationales for the Residency Match (Pharmacist Residency and Career Series Book 3) by Brandon Dyson and Tony Guerra (audiobook available)
- Phone Interview Survival Tips: Job Interview Questions and Answers for Introverts and Extroverts (Pharmacist Residency and Career Series Book 4) by Tony Guerra
- Crushing the Phase 2 Pharmacy Residency Match: Proven Tactics to Earn a Clinical Pharmacist Training Position (Pharmacist Residency and Career Series Book 5) by Tony Guerra
- Finding Your Unicorn Job for Pharmacists: Financial Freedom, Flexible Hours, and Personal Fulfillment Beyond the Pharmacy Counter (Pharmacist Residency and Career Series Book 6) by Tony Guerra
- READ THIS BEFORE PHARMACY RESIDENCY: The Right Moves on the Road to a Residency Match (Pharmacist Residency and Career Series Book 7) by Tony Guerra, Chase DiMarco, and Gene Rodden
- Strong Ambulatory Care Residency Letter of Intent: Writing Cover Letters that Earn Multiple Interview Invites (Pharmacist Residency and Career Series Book 8) by Callie Abramowitz and Tony Guerra
Links from this episode
The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast Episode 156 featuring Tony Guerra, PharmD
Pharmacy Residency Podcast 👉 pharmacy.libsyn.com
Memorizing Pharmacology Podcast: Prefixes, Suffixes, and Side Effects for Pharmacy and Nursing Pharmacology by Body System 👉 memorizing.libsyn.com
Tony on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/tonypharmd/
Tony on Twitter https://twitter.com/Tony_PharmD
Tony on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/tony_pharmd/
Kim’s websites and social media links:
✅Business website https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com
✅The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast
✅Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅A Behind-the-scenes look at The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅ACX (Audiobook Narrator Profile) https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A10FSORRTANJ4Z
Dates, authors, and book titles in the Pharmacist Authors Series on The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast:
(Part 1 of 15) June 5, Introduction to the Pharmacist Authors Series (Episode 220)
Part 5 of 15) June 19, The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast Episode 224 Interview with Sue Ojageer, PharmD on her children’s book The Pharma Heroes: The Power of Precision Medicine
(Part 7 of 15) June 26, Interview with Christina Fontana, PharmD about her book Moving Beyond the Counter: Elevating into Heart-Centered Health Care through Entrepreneurship
(Part 10 of 15) July 10, Interview with Cory Jenks, PharmD about his book Permission to Care: Building a Healthcare Culture That Thrives in Chaos
(Part 11 of 15) July 14, Interview with Donna Bartlett, PharmD about her book MedStrong: Shed Your Meds for a Better, Healthier You
(Part 12 of 15) July 17, Interview with Frieda Wiley, PharmD about her book Telecommuting Psychosis: From Surviving to Thriving While Working in Your Pajama Pants. Plus, we touch on her 3 children’s books in development.
(Part 13 of 15) July 21, Interview with Tim Ulbrich, PharmD about his book Seven Figure Pharmacist: How to Maximize Your Income, Eliminate Debt, and Create Wealth
(Part 14 of 15) July 24, Interview with LaQuoia Johnson, PharmD about her book How Rxacism Manifests Inside the Small World of Pharmacy
(Part 15 of 15) July 28, Pharmacist Authors Series wrap-up (solo show)
Thank you for listening to episode 225 of The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast! If you know someone who would like this episode, please share it with them!