I hope you’re having a great fall! This is an update on my personal life, my business, my podcast, and what I’ve been listening to, reading, watching, and playing (aka the fun stuff!).
Subscribe to or follow The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast to get each new episode delivered to your podcast player and YouTube every time a new one comes out!
Highlights from this episode
Nathan has been back at First Solar for 9 months now. He has been working for them on-and-off for more than 16 years. We went to First Solar’s Family Day in October, where I saw solar panels being made.
Kraig is 20 and has autism. He’s still a “Super Senior” at our local public high school. This fall, my husband and I took Kraig on trips to local fall-themed attractions: an apple orchard, a pumpkin farm, and Cedar Point Halloweekends.
Derrick is our 18-year-old son who is attending The University of Cincinnati and majoring in engineering. We’re proud of him, and we look forward to seeing him next week for Thanksgiving Break!
I just got over my first-ever case of COVID. I was sick for about 2 weeks. I feel like I’m behind on everything now, but I’m catching up. I went out to lunch with my old work gang from Walgreens in October and donated blood in November.
I’ve been teaching podcast planning with my self-paced online course and an in-person class locally. I’m taking a group medical narration class and working on updating my medical narration demo for my website.
In the last 90 days, 55 countries have tuned in. The country with the most downloads is the US, followed by Canada, Thailand, and India. Thanks for listening!
Just last month, I changed the recipe for this podcast. I started a new interview series called the Pharmacist Podcasters Series. I interview pharmacist podcasters about their podcasts so that you feel inspired to start one too.
My other podcast is going well too. It’s called The Perrysburg Podcast. It’s an informational podcast for prospective, new, and current Perrysburg, OH residents. We talk about what’s in Perrysburg and why people like to live there.
What have I been listening to?
- Music: A Halloween playlist in October: Ghostbusters, Superstition, Thriller, etc.
- Podcasts: The School of Podcasting, NPR’s Up First, and DisRxupt
- Audiobooks: The Bible on audiobook and The Naked Roommate and 107 Other Issues You Might Run Into in College. Next up is The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins.
What have I been reading?
- Halloween and fall-themed Children’s books
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Solar Flair: The History of First Solar by Jeffrey L. Rodengen.
What have I been watching?
- Scrubs, season 9 (Hulu)
- The original Ghostbusters (from 1984) and Ghostbusters Afterlife
- Coraline, Elemental, and The Secret Garden.
- YouTube: The Bible Project, Mama Doctor Jones on YouTube, The Holderness Family, SNL, and Girl With the Dogs.
What have I been playing?
- Fantasy football in my church has a league. My team is “The Sneaky Squirrels.”
- Some Ticket to Ride on my iPad vs the computer.
Links from this episode
Cedar Point (Halloweekends)
DisRxupt Podcast Episode 29 featuring Kim Newlove, RPh
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Solar Flair: The History of First Solar by Jeffrey L. Rodengen
Scrubs is a TV Series
Coraline is a children’s movie
Elemental is a Pixar Movie
The Secret Garden (Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie)
Deeb Eid, PharmD’s YouTube Podcast https://www.youtube.com/@rxposed
Kim’s websites and social media links:
✅Business website https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com
✅The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast
✅Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅A Behind-the-scenes look at The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅ACX (Audiobook Narrator Profile) https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A10FSORRTANJ4Z
Thank you for listening to episode 252 of The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast!