I do a general update each season: fall, winter, spring, and summer. This is my Fall 2022 update.
There are four segments in this episode.
- I talk about my business, The Pharmacist’s Voice, LLC,
- What’s coming up on this podcast through February 2023.
- What’s been going on in my personal life this fall (husband, kids, etc),
- And, an update on what I’m listening to, reading, watching, and playing.
Highlights from this episode
What’s new with The Pharmacist’s Voice, LLC?
- I moderated the first-ever Clinical Olympics at IDWeek in Washington DC on October 19. The topic was non-tuberculous mycobacterial lung disease (NTM-LD). I’ll be moderating another session of The Clinical Olympics on Friday December 9, at the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting and Expo in New Orleans, LA. I’ve never been to Louisiana, and I’m looking forward to trip!
- I’ve been mentoring some pharmacist authors who will be narrating their own audiobooks yet this year. If you need some help narrating your audiobook, contact me through my website, thepharmacistsvoice.com.
- I’m still working on my new online course, which is called A Behind the Scenes Look at The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast. I help pharmacists decide if they want to start a podcast or not by showing them what’s behind the scenes of my podcast. Cost is $50 for the first 20 students.
- A good amount of my time is spent working on my business rather than working in my business.
What’s new with The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast?
📌 My 3-year podcasting anniversary is January 20, 2023.
📌I guest appeared on two podcasts this fall:
- Your Financial Pharmacist (YFP) Podcast episode #279 with Tim Ulbrich, PharmD
- OCPhA Podcast (Orange County Pharmacists Association) Podcast episode #60 with Tony Dao, PharmD
📌What’s coming up on The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast through February 2023?
- Coast Guard Pharmacist Stephanie Begansky, PharmD Friday, November 25, 2022
- December 2 is a drug name pronunciation episode.
- Angela Orr, RPh December 9, 2022
- December 16 will be a solo show about resources for pharmacist authors looking to narrate their own audiobook in 2023.
- Dr. Nandita Koodie December 23, 2022.
- Solo show December 30. Topic TBA (something from my days as a practicing pharmacist).
- January 6, 2023 is a pronunciation episode.
- Dr. Swathi Varanasi will be on the show January 13, 2023.
- January 20th is a solo episode celebrating 3 years in podcasting!
- Mike Donoghue from ConveyMed.io will be on the podcast January 27, 2023.
- February 3, 2023 will be a pronunciation episode.
- Dr. Ashley Walker will return to the podcast February 10, 2023.
- February 17 will be my Winter 2023 update.
- Dr. Brigette Serfaty will be on the podcast February 24.
My personal life this fall
My husband and I have been together for almost 30 years, married for 21 years. We have
2 teenagers. Kraig is 19, Derrick is 17.
Kraig is a “Super Senior” in high school. He is non-verbal and has autism. Kraig should have graduated in May 2022, but he needs to stay in school longer to work on skills.
Kraig and I read American Royals by Katharine McGhee this fall. Now, we’re reading the “I Survived” Series by Lauren Tarshis. Example: I survived the American Revolution, 1776.
We also read a whole bag full of our favorite Halloween books in October. We will read our favorite fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas books next.
Our other son, Derrick, is 17 and a senior in high school. He just finished his fourth and final cross country season. Now, he’s getting ready for track season by doing weight conditioning and sprint training at a local gym. Derrick is a long-jumper and a discus-thrower during track season.
Derrick started taking Accutane or his cystic acne this fall. It started working right away, but it causes dryness (lips, face).
Ever heard of the Buffalo Wild Wings’s Blazin’ Challenge? Derrick ate 10 Carolina Reaper-flavored chicken wings in less than 5 minutes and won the challenge! He won a t-shirt, a headband, and bragging rights.
We selected Derrick’s “senior picture” for the yearbook and ordered his cap, gown, graduation announcements, and so on. He also applied to college this fall: University of Toledo and University of Cincinnati. He wants to become a construction manager some day, but he also has an interest in professional baseball umpiring.
My husband Nathan is doing well. He loves NFL Football, and he roots for the Cleveland Browns. Nathan discovered Artius Man beard oils this year. Spiced Latte is my current favorite.
Other highlights from my fall
- I had the opportunity to get away to the Columbus, Ohio area for the MidYear Meeting of the Ohio Pharmacists Association this month. Thanks Greg Kramp PharmD for driving!
- We got the pictures back from our family photo shoot in July. They look great!
- I have been swimming at the YMCA with a group of swimmers on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- I pulled out my garden.
- I got my flu shot and COVID booster combo in November.
Highlights from our “Fall of Fun”
- Cedar Point Halloweekends.
- We picked apples and went on a hay ride at Erie Orchards.
- We went to the Trabbic Family Pumpkin farm to pick pumpkins and go on another hay ride.
- We went to Leaders Family Farm for a corn maze and a hay ride. We also watched a pumpkin get shot out of a cannon!
An update on what I’m listening to, reading, watching, and playing.
What am I’m listening to?
- School of Podcasting Podcast
- Table Talk Podcast by PharmToTable
- Artemis by Andy Weir
- The Power of Zero by David McKnight
- Christmas music, the Hanukkah Song by Adam Sandler, rock and roll, and country music. (I have an eclectic taste in music.)
What have I been reading this fall?
Not much. Mostly emails, newsletters, and books with Kraig.
What have I been watching this fall?
- Weird, the Al Yankovic Story.
- Seinfeld (TV Series)
- Tommy Boy (Chris Farley, David Spade)
- Moonfall starring Halle Berry.
What have I been playing this fall?
Not much. Just Ticket to Ride on my iPad.
I had a good fall. I hope you and your family did too!
Links from this episode
I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 by Lauren Tarshis
Artemis by Andy Weir
🖥Check out Kim’s websites, and connect with her on social media!
✅Business website https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com
✅The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast
✅Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅ACX (Audiobook Narrator Profile) https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A10FSORRTANJ4Z
Thank you for listening to episode 186 of The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast!