Today’s episode includes a recap of my weekend at the Ohio Pharmacist Association (OPA) Annual Conference April 1-3, 2022, and brief interviews with Ohio pharmacists Emlah Tubuo, PharmD and Greg Kramp, PharmD.
Disclaimer. I am an OPA Member, but I do not work for The Ohio Pharmacists Association. The opinions mentioned in this podcast episode are my own and not necessarily those of OPA. Also, I am not being compensated for any content in this podcast episode.
This episode has 4 parts.
In the first part, I’ll give a recap from the sessions I attended: session title and speaker(s) name(s) plus two take-aways.
I attended 11 sessions and earned 16 hours of CE. Ten sessions were 90 minutes long. One was only 60 minutes long. There were multiple offerings for each time slot, and it was hard to pick just one to attend.
The second part is my interview with Emlah Tubuo, PharmD.
The third part is my interview with Greg Kramp, PharmD.
The fourth and final part of this episode will be a few stories about what went wrong back home while I was gone. If you’re a parent of teenagers, you’re going to groan. It has to do with my younger son missing the ACT on Saturday, April 2, and the death of the only houseplant I own.
Thank you for listening to The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast Episode 143!
Mentioned in this episode
Annual Meeting of the Ohio Pharmacists Association April 1-3, 2022 (Conference Brochure)
OPA (Ohio Pharmacists Association) home page
Emlah Tubuo, PharmD LinkedIn Profile
Greg Kramp, PharmD LinkedIn Profile
Lauren Castle, Functional Medicine Pharmacists Alliance Founder
Eye gaze goggles video (YouTube)
Brian Bisher, Cincinnati-area pharmacist
World Autism Day April 2, 2022
The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast Episode 75 with Dr. Adam Martin, The Fit Pharmacist
The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast Episode 89 with Dr. Cory Jenks, Pharmacist, Improv Comedian, and Public Speaker
The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast Episode 73 with Dr. Lauren Castle (Functional Medicine Pharmacist)
The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast Episode 133 with Dan Krinsky, BS, Ms, RPH, FAPHA
The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast Episode 135 with Sue Paul, RPH
Subscribe to or Follow The Pharmacist’s Voice Podcast!
- Early Results from Provider Status Implementation with speakers Stu Beatty, Ana Hincapie, Anne Metzger, and Rebecca Lahrman.
- OTC/Self-Care Challenge moderated by Kristine Cline and Max Conrad. 5 Ohio pharmacy schools competed in this Jeopardy/game-show-like competition: UC (the University of Cincinnati), NEOMED (Northeast Ohio Medical University), OSU (The Ohio State University), Findlay (the University of Findlay), and ONU (Ohio Northern University). I did not see a team from my alma Mater The University of Toledo. Cedarville University did not have a team either.
- Current Trends in Prescription Drug Diversion with Dr. Donnie Sullivan.
- Generation RX and You: Medication Safety in Action, led by Ruth Emptage, Kelsey Schmuhl, and Tessa Miracle.
By the way, this was the best MORNING at OPA ever in the history of my attending the Annual Meetings. I was inspired. I was entertained. I laughed. I learned.
- Self-Care and Professional Well-Being: The Prescription to Beat Burnout with speakers Dr. Adam Martin (The Fit Pharmacist) and Dr. Tim Ulbrich (Co-Founder & CEO of Your Financial Pharmacist). *VERY INSPIRATIONAL SESSION!*
- Putting “Yes, And” to Work: Building a More Adaptable, Empathetic, and Humanizing Healthcare Experience with speaker Cory Jenks. *This was by far THE MOST FUN CE SESSION I’VE EVER ATTENDED. EVER!!
- Pharmacy’s Role in Human Trafficking Awareness with speakers Karen Kier and 2022 PharmD Candidate Temi Omitowoju from Ohio Northern University.
- National Human Trafficking Hotline is 1-888-3737-888
- Text “INFO” or “HELP” to BeFree. The digits are 233733
- Successful Pharmacy Entrepreneurship with Marc Sweeney and Chris Antypas.
- “Challenging times are great for innovation.”
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne.
- 2022 Legislative Update with four speakers: Ernie Boyd (Executive Director of the Ohio Pharmacists Association), Michelle Fitzgibbon (a government relations professional), Dan Fitzpatrick (also a government affairs professional), and Antonio Ciaccia (CEO of 46 Brooklyn Research and 3 Axis Advisors).
- The 4 Pillars of Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine with speakers Sue Paul, Dan Krinsky, and Amy Van Milligan, MD.
- Counterfeit Medicines in the US Supply Chain: Learn How the Criminals Operate to Keep Your Patients Safe with non-pharmacist speaker Shabbir Safdar from the Partnership for Safe Medicines, which you can find at safemedicines.org. Dangerous Doses and Bottle of Lies by Katherine Eban were recommended by Mr. Safdar.
Just a few things went wrong back home while I was away for 3 days. Gratitude first. The house did not burn down, and my husband and both kids were alive when I got home.
What went wrong?
- My son Derrick missed the ACT because he forgot about it.
- My only houseplant died a horrible death by wind, rain, and cold temps.
- Our trash ended up in our recycling toter and the recyclables ended up in the trash toter.
- I left March 31, and no one flipped the calendars in the house to April. No one printed the new lunch calendar for April either.
- When my family went to church, no one brought the Noisy Change Offering, which is only collected the first Sunday of the month. My son had to loan my husband cash so we could contribute toward the charity of the month.
- My husband also forgot to pick his prescriptions up at the pharmacy on Saturday. The pharmacy is closed Sunday.
Better luck next time, boys! Please laugh. I know I did. That’s life, and life can be messy!
🖥Check out Kim’s websites, and connect with her on social media!
✅Business website https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com
✅The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast
✅Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅ACX (Audiobook Narrator Profile) https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A10FSORRTANJ4Z
✅Start a podcast with the same coach who helped me get started (Dave Jackson from The School of Podcasting)! **Affiliate Link**