Welcome to my recap of the Ohio Pharmacists Association (OPA) Annual Conference April 14-16, 2023. The theme was “Reimagining Pharmacy.”
Just before the 5 minute mark, you’ll hear my LIVE interviews with 5 Ohio Pharmacists:
- Sheriff Benson, PharmD
- Zak Fettman, PharmD
- Aimee O’Reilly, PharmD
- Brigid Groves, PharmD
- Ola Latala, PharmD
Thank you Sheriff, Zak, Aimee, Brigid, and Ola for taking the time to chat with me at OPA this year!
In this episode, I also talk about which LIVE sessions I attended, what I learned, who I connected with, my plans to watch the on-demand sessions, and more. If you’re an Ohio Pharmacist I think you will like this episode!
This episode has a YouTube video filled with pictures I took throughout the weekend. How do you find my YouTube channel? Click this link. Subscribe to my YouTube channel: @thepharmacstsvoice
Which CE sessions and events did I attend?
- Medication Safety Vulnerabilities, led by Shelly Morvay, PharmD and Maria Sellas-Wcislo, PharmD
- New Opportunities in The Biotech Industry, led by Marc Sweeney, PharmD from Profero Team.
- OTC and Self-Care Challenge. Congrats to the winner – The University of Cincinnati.
- Awards luncheon
- Trade Show (I had a table at the trade show 4-6 PM.)
- Farming for Health with Amy Sapola, PharmD
- Leading in Times of Trauma: Helping Frontline Heroes Cope with Burnout, with Helen Sairany, PharmD.
- Trade show, where I met Rachel O’Malley, PharmD (at the Residency/Fellowship Expo). Check out https://telehealthcenter.findlay.edu, and click on the “Careers” tab to apply for a fellowship at the Telehealth Center. There are 2 openings for fellowships that start in July 2023.
- Moving from Basic Understanding to Practical Application, led by Dr. Bethanne Brown, PharmD
- Current Trends and Impact of Recreational Drug Use with Tod Grimm, RPh and Darby Bryce, PharmD.
- Took a walk with my friend Lauren Castle, PharmD.
- Attended the President’s Banquet, where Ernie Boyd’s retirement was celebrated.
- The Pharmacist of the Future: Value-Based Pharmacy Services Beyond MTM and Vaccines with Sue Paul, RPh
- The High Costs of PBM Savings with Antonio Ciaccia and Benjamin Link PharmD
- 340B Drug Pricing Program Overview with by Jangus Whitner, PharmD.
I plan to watch the sessions I missed live on-demand through June 30. Life happens, and I appreciate the opportunity to wash dishes, fold laundry, work out at the gym, or eat while earning CE.
I loved earning CE, spending time with friends, and meeting new people at the 2023 OPA Annual Conference. I look forward to attending again in 2024. Please come up and say hello to me if you attend!
Links from this episode
The Pharmacist’s Voice® Podcast Episode 143: OPA 2022 Recap
The Political Pharmacist Podcast with host Eric Geyer, PharmD (Apple Podcasts Link)
Farming for Health Podcast with host Amy Sapola, PharmD (Apple Podcasts Link)
Trading Grenades for Candy: A Kurdish Refugee’s American Journey by Helen Sairany, PharmD (Amazon link)
Ohio Pharmacists Association Podcast (Spotify Link)
Ohio Pharmacists Association Podcast (Apply Podcasts Link)
LinkedIn Sheriff Benson, PharmD
LinkedIn Zak Fettman, PharmD
LinkedIn Aimee O’Reilly, PharmD
LinkedIn Brigid Groves, PharmD
LinkedIn Ola Latala, PharmD
🖥Check out Kim’s websites, and connect with her on social media!
✅Business website https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com
✅The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast https://www.thepharmacistsvoice.com/podcast
✅Pronounce Drug Names Like a Pro © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅A Behind-the-scenes look at The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast © Online Course https://www.kimnewlove.com
✅ACX (Audiobook Narrator Profile) https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A10FSORRTANJ4Z
Thank you for listening to episode 214 of The Pharmacist’s Voice ® Podcast!